Audit Associate | Baton Rouge Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 86129
Practice Area: Audit
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: May 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Aug 09, 2022
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Audit Associate to join our Audit Services team.
- Develop an understanding of client-specific risks through review of financial results of the client, relevant external information, current business trends and specific client transactions
- Learn to prepare clear, well-structured and effective audit documentation regarding our understanding of clients processes and technology systems, including the flow of transactions, identification of risk points and controls that mitigate the risk points
- With appropriate guidance, execute and document testing of client controls and financial statement account balances with clear explanations of procedures and results using appropriate standards and terminology; identify potential misstatements and control deficiencies when performing testing procedures and escalate as appropriate
- Support the execution of a high-quality audit through the diligent performance of assigned tasks and professional client and engagement team interactions; support the use of enabling technologies in the audit, which includes effective risk assessment, data extractions, statistical-based sampling procedures and related analyses
- Identify process improvements and audit efficiencies as part of KPMGs continuous improvement culture; support project management activities by assessing and reporting status, tracking deliverables and coordinating action items
- Adhere to the Firms Values and Code of Conduct
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position, with completion of required academic credits prior to the start date for this position
- Preferred GPA of 3.0 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred; experience with data analysis tools and techniques such as Alteryx or Power BI preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset and foundational knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking and research skills; ability to navigate various computer applications, including MS Office (emphasis on Excel); aptitude to quickly learn KPMG Audit tools and applications used by our clients
- Strong communication, time management and relationship-building skills; able to employ sound professional judgment and professional skepticism; flexible and adaptable team player; leadership experience and resourceful in delivering high quality work; ability to demonstrate project management skills is a plus
- Work location may be in the office but will typically be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office); Audit professionals may have the opportunity to work virtually/remotely in the U.S. depending on business needs
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future. KPMG LLP will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work visa status for this opportunity (no sponsorship is available for H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, E-3, H-1B1, F-1, J-1, OPT, CPT or any other employment-based visa).
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.