Associate, Technology Assurance Audit | Albany Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 84413
Practice Area: Audit
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: May 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: May 31, 2022
Location: Albany, NY
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our Technology Assurance practice in Audit.
- Learn to prepare clear, well-structured and effective data flow process mapping regarding our understanding of clients' processes and information technology (IT) systems, including identification of IT risk points and IT controls that mitigate the risk points
- Execute and document testing of client's IT controls, including IT security and governance controls, with clear explanations of procedures and results; identify control deficiencies when performing testing procedures and escalate as appropriate
- Work as part of the audit engagement team to support the use of Data and Analytics (D&A) in the audit including data extraction and analysis; utilize a range of technologies and data analysis tools to execute substantive IT Audit procedures, including SQL, MSBI Suite, IDEA, Excel, Alteryx, Qlikview and Power BI and assist in the preparation of the related documentation
- Assist with pre and post system implementation reviews to support the successful, cost effective and timely transition to a new system aligned with the client's resources and needs, while ensuring controls are developed and operating effectively and migrated data is complete, accurate and reliable
- Identify and communicate findings and recommendations to engagement teams and assist in communicating to client personnel, as needed
- Learn new and emerging technologies and explore opportunities to use intelligent automation; build and maintain client relationships commensurate with level and experience
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's degree or higher in Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, or other IT related degree from an accredited college or university; Accounting or Finance with an Information Technology concentration/double major (or equivalent) is preferred
- Preference for candidates pursuing the minimum educational requirements for CPA licensure in principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position before beginning fulltime
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- General understanding of business systems and technology, as well as data analysis techniques
- Exposure to ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle or Workday is preferred but not required
- Strong technical aptitude and critical thinking skills, demonstrated quality service mindset and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office but will typically be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office); Technology Assurance professionals may also have the opportunity to work remotely in the U.S. during certain periods
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.