Advisory Associate, GRC Technology Application Security Controls | Los Angeles Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 80140
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: May 25, 2022
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a GRC Technology Application Security Controls for our GRC Technology Application Security Controls practice in Consulting.
- Assist in the execution of client projects focusing primarily on the assessment, design and implementation of security and controls as well as consulting on various leading practices surrounding Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools and processes across the various leading Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) platforms including cloud technologies, (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDE, Workday, MetricStream, BWise, OpenPages)
- Support teams of client and KPMG personnel in the execution of project work and monitor and support progress against project milestones to help ensure timely and high-quality deliverables across a variety of clients within multiple industries
- Work with clients to identify opportunities for improvement in reducing technology risk and lowering the cost of compliance
- Perform analytical reviews and conduct research to complete various quantitative and qualitative analyses as dictated by the scope of each project
- Assist managers and partners in the creation of proposals, discussion documents, business development activities and practice administration
- Collaborate with teammates on designing, developing and marketing new innovative service offerings and tools in order to advance our practice objectives
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor抯 or Master抯 degree in Management Information Systems, Accounting Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting or Finance with an Information Technology concentration/double major, Industrial/Mechanical Engineering, Information Systems with a Supply Chain focus, or other Information Technology related degree from an accredited college and/or university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Demonstrated quality service mindset and exposure to Enterprise Resource Planning systems such as SAP or Oracle is preferred but not required
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking and quantitative skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.