Advisory Associate, Federal CIO Advisory | McLean Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 78433
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Feb 20, 2022
Location: McLean, VA
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Federal CIO Advisory team in Consulting.
- Support delivery and development of CIO advisory services to clients in areas such as IT Strategy and Transformation, Cloud Transformation, Modern Delivery / Agile / DevOps, IT Service Management, IT Asset Management and/or Technology Business Management
- Participate in projects involving strategy, implementation support and optimization related to information technology services, operating model design, business process definition, security and data integrity for business applications
- Execute the day-to-day activities of engagements for a variety of clients including implementation of technologies such as ServiceNow, Apptio, Flexera and Jira
- Research next generation technology trends and architectures
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: bachelor's or Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Computer Science, Systems/Computer or IT related Engineering, or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
- Understanding of how IT organizations operate and knowledge of tools used for managing IT software development, configuration and cloud infrastructure solutions
- Understanding of common application infrastructure components used across major TBM Towers and how they interrelate
- Understanding of design and operating principles for IT systems and database management systems and associated models using tools such as Visio, Draw.io, Lucidchart, or similar tools
- Understanding of IT and/or data process maturity models (ITIL, COBIT, CMMI, DMMI, Federal Data Maturity Model)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to create decision support models, project schedules, briefings and artifacts using MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong technical aptitude, customer service mindset and excellent communication, time management and leadership skills
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period, which requires U.S. citizenship
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.