Associate, CIO Advisory - Software Licensing | Multiple Locations Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 76936
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: May 27, 2022
Location: Santa Clara, CA; Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate for our CIO Advisory team in Consulting.
- Provide professional day-to-day execution of software licensing engagements, including license compliance reviews, software license optimization and software asset management (SAM) engagements to clients across multiple industries (Financial, Technology, Healthcare, Consumer Goods/Manufacturing, Government, Media & Telecom, Oil & Gas)
- Analyze complex software license agreements to understand entitlements, gather relevant deployment data from customers, analyze and prepare license position reports
- Analyze clients SAM processes, tools, technology and processes to identify existing gaps and assess opportunities for license remediation/optimization to achieve costs savings
- Perform SAM current state assessments and assist in SAM tool implementations/integrations
- Interact with customers to understand IT infrastructure and provide guidance on data gathering needs
- Project a professional image of KPMG and prepare and deliver presentations to clients; research next generation technology trends and architectures
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Analytics or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Understanding of how IT organizations operate and knowledge of tools used for managing IT software; ability to understand and discuss IT architecture, systems, virtual environments, Cloud(IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) and product deployment scenarios with technology and business leads (typically this will be Fortune 500 company leads)
- Strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills and experience with data analysis tools including Excel, Access/SQL with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player and resourceful in delivering high quality work; strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to conduct meetings with clients and third parties in challenging surroundings
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.