Advisory Associate, Cyber Security - Response | Multiple Locations Winter 2022
Requisition #: 76935
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Winter 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2020
Latest Graduation Date: Dec 2021
Apply Deadline Date: Feb 20, 2022
Location: Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Cyber Security - Response practice in Consulting.
- Perform host, network, and mobile device forensics; malware triage; and cyber incident response
- Perform (and provide oversight for) on-site examinations and collections of forensic information related to data breaches
- Research and develop new digital forensics scripts, tools, and methodologies
- Provide support to the cyber response forensic lab, including the handling of forensic evidence in a secure environment
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: bachelor's degree or higher in Information Systems and Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Programming, System Analysis, Applied Technology Management, Business & Computer Information, Database Technology, Technology Marketing or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of common desktop and server operating systems (OS X, Windows, Linux); exposure to penetration testing tools and suites, such as Kali Linux, MetaSploit; cyber forensic and investigation tools, including Sleuthkit, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, FTK, Encase and XWays
- Coursework or knowledge of internetworking, information technology support, administration and delivery; TCPIP, capture-the-flag or other competitive cyber gaming competitions preferred
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking and quantitative skills, and ability to navigate MS Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook) with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.