Tax Associate, Business Tax Services | New York Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 76918
Practice Area: Tax
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Jun 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: May 29, 2022
Location: New York, NY
At KPMG, you can become an integral part of a dynamic team at one of the world's top tax firms. Enjoy a collaborative, future-forward culture that empowers your success. Work with KPMG's extensive network of specialists & enjoy access to our Ignition Centers, where deep industry knowledge merges with cutting-edge technologies to create innovative tax solutions. Join a diverse team helping high-profile clients understand, analyze, and respond to complex business opportunities and challenges. Develop your career through a range of multifaceted engagements, formal training, and informal mentoring.
At KPMG, we believe nothing is more important than investing in our culture because it's an investment in our people, our future, and what we stand for as a firm.
KPMG is currently seeking a Tax Associate for our Business Tax Services (BTS) practice.
- Perform tax-related tasks involving tax compliance to a variety of clients including partnerships, corporations and S-corporations
- Participate in research and drafting of technical memorandum, consulting engagements, tax compliance and provision assistance, controversy support, risk management and interaction with additional service lines, including State and Local Tax and International Tax for multinational and domestic companies in a wide variety of industries
- Utilize new technologies and tools used in client service delivery and participate in technology development initiatives, including bot development and use of Alteryx and other data enablement tools
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and sustain excellent client relationships
- Keep up to date on current tax practices
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in accounting, finance, taxation, mathematics, economics, information technology, data and analytics, engineering (financial, industrial or systems) or related fields from an accredited college or university.
- Preferred: Degrees and/or areas of study: Accounting and Taxation
- Must have or be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business for this position, with completion of such educational requirements prior to the start date for this position
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Coursework or minor in information systems, software engineering, computer science or data and analytics preferred
- Demonstrated quality service mindset; strong technical aptitude, critical thinking skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Tax professionals may have the opportunity to work virtually/remotely within the U.S. depending on business needs
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.