Advisory Associate, Federal Finance Transformation | McLean Summer 2022
Requisition #: 72615
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Oct 25, 2021
Location: Washington, DC; McLean, VA
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Federal Finance Transformation practice in Consulting.
- Assist clients with various aspects of Finance strategy, operational performance and process improvement initiatives
- Conduct analysis of finance process areas (e.g., financial planning & analysis, financial close and consolidation, management reporting and operational finance) with an emphasis on developing and solutioning process, technology, data and organizational designs
- Conduct effective and thorough research, data gathering and analysis across finance and accounting functional areas
- Execute a structured approach to problem solving and deliverable development using recognized tools and techniques
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Finance, Data & Analytics; and/or Master's degree in Accounting, Data and Analytics, or Business Administration or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
- Interest in applying technology to modernize financial management processes and streamline data management; supporting modernization and transformation activities for Federal financial organizations; or assessing root causes and developing solutions to complex accounting and regulatory issues
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications (including Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Outlook) with a general understanding of data analysis/visualization techniques
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.