Advisory Associate, Federal Digital Lighthouse, Data Science/Software Engineer |McLean Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 71988
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Oct 25, 2021
Location: Washington, DC; McLean, VA
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment.
You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Federal Digital Lighthouse practice in Consulting.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to identify business problems and assist in the development of processes and solutions to help our Federal clients drive enterprise performance using available technology as an enabler
- Utilize processes and best practices to plan and execute delivery of technology enabled engagements for our public sector clients and work with client and external counterparts to manage risks, set expectations and ensure successful delivery of projects
- Rapidly learn and develop skills in utilizing cloud compute and storage resources and other on-prem and cloud native services for data acquisition, management, digital transformation, model development and deployment
- Develop skills in building and managing production-ready product life cycles, continuous delivery and automation pipelines (DevOps/MLOps), orchestration and model management in cloud environments
- Help assess readiness and impact to develop solutions leveraging emerging and disruptive technologies (AI, neural networks, cognitive computing)
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns; Perform machine learning, natural language and statistical analysis methods (classification, cluster analysis, collaborative filtering, sentiment analysis, language modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference)
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Information Systems, Systems or IT related Engineering, Data Science or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
- Ability to work with a client to understand available resources and constraints in order to provide creative and innovative solutions to business problems
- Familiarity with open source web and backend frameworks, cloud services or certifications, big data open source tools, commercial visualization tools, low code platforms and/or automation platforms
- Ability to apply artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to achieve concrete business goals; Familiarity with machine learning models (predictive/statistical models, classification, cluster analysis, time series and forecasting, regularization, feature selection, NLP, computer vision, deep learning models)
- Strong communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period, which requires U.S. citizenship
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.