Associate Advisory - Deal Advisory | Phoenix Summer 2022
Requisition #: 71237
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Nov 30, 2021
Location: Tempe, AZ
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate Advisory - Deal Advisory for our Deal Advisory practice Advisory.
- Assist internal team members with providing financial due diligence assistance related to buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, to Fortune 100 companies and private equity investors
- Analyze target company and/or client data to identify key financial performance and operating trends and insights through rigorous financial statement analysis and applied data analytics
- Assist with designing, creating and composing client tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key engagement and/or transaction issues which address and highlight stakeholder concerns, valuation models, synergies, contractual issues and accounting and tax reporting implications including the following analyses of operating trends, quality of earnings, financial position, net working capital, debt and potential indebtedness considerations, borrowing base calculations and/or business combinations
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's degree, or higher in Accounting or related field from an accredited college/university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Must be pursuing the state-specific education requirements to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the principal place of business (the state in which the office is located) for this position, with completion prior to the start date for this position
- Strong technical aptitude and critical thinking skills, demonstrated quality service mindset and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.