Advisory Associate, Actuarial | Chicago Summer/Fall 2022
Requisition #: 68765
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Sep 21, 2021
Location: Chicago, IL
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Actuarial practice in Consulting.
- Work as part of a team assisting actuarial staff with reviewing client reserves and actuarial liabilities, respond to accounting change, and drive efficiency in processes across the value chain
- Prepare and analyze data and conduct research related to the strategy and operations of financial service organizations, primarily in insurance
- Complete quantitative and qualitative analysis to draw insights from data and help drive client decision-making, including actuarial modeling
- Interact with clients in obtaining, organizing, and reconciling data elements
- Assist preparing analyses and client deliverables
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Finance, Insurance, Risk Management, or related degree from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Pursuit of Actuarial Exams is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking skills, data analysis techniques, and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.