Advisory Associate, Digital Lighthouse Digital Consultant | Multiple Locations Winter 2022
Requisition #: 68591
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Winter 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2020
Latest Graduation Date: Dec 2021
Apply Deadline Date: Oct 24, 2021
Location: Tempe, AZ; Irvine, CA; San Francisco, CA; Denver, CO; Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Baltimore, MD; Short Hills, NJ; New York, NY; Columbus, OH; Harrisburg, PA; Philadelphia, PA; Dallas, TX; McLean, VA; Seattle, WA
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment.
You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Digital Lighthouse practice.
- Work as part of a client-facing KPMG team to assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into a structured digital transformation use case including rapid learning of industry/domain/client dynamics and development of effective work stream plans
- Participate in work streams within the team by developing, implementing and testing digital solutions
- Help KPMG clients understand the broader Digital journey and implications and participate in the process of designing the solution and developing a strategy
- Participate in KPMG client and market information gathering through interviews, surveys, workshops and market research
- Continuously develop knowledge of emerging technologies and analytics techniques and support the pursuit of business development opportunities
- Understand and articulate technology options available in the digital landscape including data management and manipulation, analytics development, requirements, data science options, low code platforms and preferences for visualizations within sector of specialty
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or quantitative field from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Knowledge of statistics, econometrics, machine learning, operations research, decision science and cloud computing, and preferred understanding of data analytics or digital technologies
- Hands-on exposure to Data & Analytics and Digital Technology concepts, including strategy and transformation and design and implementation; understanding of general landscape for data science, big data and low code opportunities; and strong understanding of sector and/or process-specific landscape for opportunities
- Ability to explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business people and explain business processes, concepts, challenges and issues to technical resources
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking and quantitative skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for employment based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.