Advisory Associate, Federal Digital Lighthouse | McLean Summer 2022
Requisition #: 65673
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer/Fall 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2022
Apply Deadline Date: Jan 31, 2022
Location: Washington, DC; McLean, VA
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment.
You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Federal Digital Lighthouse practice in Consulting.
- Develop solutions and processes to help businesses and organizations drive enterprise performance using available technology as an enabler to help the business implement technology and achieve the desired benefits of major change (e.g., M&A, new market entry, outsourcing)
- Assess readiness and impact to develop solutions leveraging emerging and disruptive technologies (AI, neural networks, cognitive computing)
- Optimize delivery models to meet evolving expectations for performance, quality, and cost
- Understand and proactively manage risks to protect the business and minimize impact of disruptions by identifying and communicating findings to senior management and client personnel
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Business, Analytics or a related field from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- KPMG internship experience
- Understanding of how IT organizations operate and knowledge of tools used for managing IT processes
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking and quantitative skills, and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time, which requires U.S. citizenship
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.