Advisory Associate, Digital Lighthouse Data Scientist and Modeler | Chicago Winter 2022
Requisition #: 65672
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Winter 2022
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2020
Latest Graduation Date: Dec 2021
Apply Deadline Date: Jan 31, 2022
Location: Chicago, IL
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment.
You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Digital Lighthouse practice.
- Work in multi-disciplinary, cross-functional, client-facing KPMG teams to translate business requirements into artificial intelligence goals and modeling approaches
- Refactor, deploy and validate models, work with clients to deliver on engagement milestones, validate performance metrics and sample output to drive towards business-first solutions
- Rapidly iterate models and results to refine and validate approach while working across different areas (risk management, financial services, mergers and acquisitions, public policy), and capture business domains into knowledge bases, taxonomies and ontologies
- Build ingestion processes to prepare, extract and annotate natural-language data from a variety of unstructured sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data and operational data
- Leverage a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex business objectives, such as Statistical Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval/Extraction, Machine Learning/ Deep Learning, Image Processing, Rules Engines, Knowledge Graphs and Semantic Search
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months: Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must have KPMG internship experience
- Understanding of the modeling and/or data science application process from data discovery, cleaning and model selection to validation and deployment, with the ability to discuss pros and cons of modeling approaches
- Ability to apply AI techniques to real-world use cases by understanding available resources and constraints around data, processing platforms, and security; ability to code AI methods using object-oriented programming, and exposure to data preparation, machine learning, deep learning and/or natural language processing preferred
- Strong technical aptitude (ideally including fluency in python), demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking and quantitative skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management, teaming and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Work location may be in the office, at client sites, or virtual/remote depending on business need. You must be located within the U.S. when working remotely. Client site locations may require travel and overnight/extended stay
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for employment based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.