Advisory Associate, Cyber Security - Strategy and Governance
Requisition #: 58966
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer 2021
Earliest Graduation Date: Dec 2020
Latest Graduation Date: Aug 2021
Apply Deadline Date: May 07, 2021
Location: Boston, MA
The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don't anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you're looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Cyber Security - Strategy and Governance practice in Consulting.
- Develop Information Governance and Information Security Strategy plans, and perform assessments using industry framework, such as ISO 27002 or NIST 800:53
- Support the execution of Information Security and privacy inherent to client engagements
- Identify technology opportunities and evaluate the Information Security and privacy impacts on the client's business
- Provide support with four or more of the following areas: Information Security Risk Assessment, Data Protection and Privacy Impact Assessment, Data classification or Information Governance, Enterprise Information Security Strategy, Compliance Monitoring and User Awareness campaign, Data leakage/content monitoring and filtering or data encryption, and Compliance Readiness, such as PCI and HIPAA
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months; a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems and Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Computer Programming, System Analysis, Applied Technology Management, Business & Computer Information, Database Technology, Technology Marketing or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of privacy and related regulations additionally including exposure to ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST 800 series preferred; familiarity with concepts of risk, control, threat, and vulnerability preferred
- Must have a current/most recent cumulative GPA over 3.00
- Strong technical aptitude and critical thinking skills, demonstrated quality service mindset, and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises approximately 80-90%, at times with relatively short notice
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.