Advisory Associate, Digital Lighthouse Data Engineer and Developer
Requisition #: 54917
Practice Area: Advisory
Job Type: Early Career
Start Season & Start Year: Summer 2021
Earliest Graduation Date: Sep 2020
Latest Graduation Date: Sep 2021
Apply Deadline Date: Apr 05, 2021
Location: Seattle, WA
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. And at KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Associate for our Digital Lighthouse practice.
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry specialists to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources including social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data and operational data
- Prototype, implement and enhance architectures to tackle the big data, data science, low code and automation needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other KPMG clients
- Research, experiment, document and utilize leading methodologies with cloud/on premise/hybrid hosting solutions and test automations
- Must be pursuing and have obtained by the start date or have completed the following degrees/majors in the past 12 months; Bachelors, Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, Information Systems or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent cumulative GPA over 3.00
- Relevant software development practice in multiple programming languages and technologies, full-stack development capability, exposure to developing web-based applications as well as Native Mobile applications and/or exposure to Git version control and workflows preferred
- Fluency in several programming languages with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, knowledge of different software development methodologies and exposure to test automation and test management tools with an understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles and large-scale big data methods preferred
- Strong technical aptitude, demonstrated quality service mindset, critical thinking and quantitative skills and ability to navigate MS Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, time management, and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises up to 80%, at times with relatively short notice
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for employment based visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.